Need Help Identifying Boiler

manders

Post by manders » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 10:42 am

Does anyone know what make boiler this is?
00c0c_4E1sBNxCrTc_600x450.jpg
.JPG | 45.2KB | 00c0c_4E1sBNxCrTc_600x450.jpg

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 12:58 pm

*Stoker Don* knows. :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 4:57 pm

That, I believe is a V&E stoker boiler. It is a moving grate stoker. I don't know how it works, that one there is the only one I have seen. I talked to him last year about it. His craigslist posting was deleted yesterday.

So, I guess you bought it from the guy in Newville? Take some more pictures of it, we would love to see it's insides!

-Don

manders

Post by manders » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks StokerDan,
No, I didn't get it. I didn't know anything about it so I was hesitant to buy it.

I have never heard of a V&E.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 8:11 pm

I probably would have bought it if it wasn't so far way from me. I have only heard of V&E stokers, I have never see one in person. The guy said it was big, so my plan was to put a Yellow Flame or maybe even an EFM stoker in it.

I wonder how bought it?

-Don

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Mon. Nov. 23, 2015 9:42 pm

He dropped the price and relisted it, I've just been kinda watching it too. I'd like to mess around with one of these old boilers someday but if I start another project in the near future, I'll end up on the outside looking in... :bop:

StokerDon
Site Moderator

Post by StokerDon » Tue. Nov. 24, 2015 10:14 am

Your right Bunk! He dropped it to $500.

**Broken Link(S) Removed**

That's still a bit high for an unknown like that. It would have to be at least pressure tested for me to pay that much. When I talked to him he said his father had the grate re-cast back in the 70's. I don't know if he has a spare of not.

I have this bad habit of putting stokers in boilers they don't belong in, so I would just stick one on my Van Wert's in it and that would be that!

-Don

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”