Need Help After Rebuild

Razzler
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Razzler » Wed. Nov. 25, 2015 9:00 am

you need to fill the firebox up to the top of the fire brick. If you are worried about blow back you can do it in layers but keep goin till you are to the TOP of the fire brick the deeper the coal bed the easier it is to control.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Nov. 25, 2015 10:11 am

You're getting fabulous advice,so stay with it! Remember to make one change at a time as You work this out. Record it if You have to in a Harman Diary. Monitor Your results,and keep ironing it out. As far as I'm concerned,You did a good job of tightening the stove up. The change in how Your stove is breathing(Exhaust-Flu Change) couples with underbed and secondary air-wash at the glass. It makes sense that it would be a different animal to deal with upon this fire-up. Stay with it,as these Folks have You covered ! :up:

Brett K
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hartman Mark 2

Post by Brett K » Wed. Nov. 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Things have been improving. It just requires a lot more babysitting than I'm used to to find the sweet spot on the lower draft control. It requires a lot more draft right after adding coal. I'll get it figured out . Thanks everyone for your valuable help!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”