Coffee, January 30, 2016

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 3:58 pm

For your sake, I hope it doesn't all melt at once.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi guys,

While we still have a lot of snow on the ground, we'll have a major melt the over the next few days. We topped out at 41* and are heading for the low 50s* throughout the week. Unfortunately the overnight lows are forecast to be just at the freezing line. The plows have got the roads just about all cleared but they put all the snow on the sidewalks so there's no place for the kids to stand. Monday morning is going to be pretty dangerous at a lot of the bus stops; some of the snow piles are now 10 ft tall. Unfortunately, it doesn't occur to many people to clear the bus stops. Sorry, I used my time and energy digging the bus out.

Today's been a low key day - I did notice that the bees in the strongest Top Bar hive are flying and the other two hives get louder when I knock on them, so so far so good. DK and I took advantage of the snow days and went down to Williamsburg to spend some time with the grandkids. We are blessed to have them close but not too close - 2 hours is just about right. Everyone has their space.

I'm glad you made it to the Coffee House this morning Bob. I hope you take things easy for a while so you don't have a repeat visit to the hospital. Take care everyone, Lisa

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanx All ! I believe that everyone does know just how glad I am to be Home,and catching up on all the projects,storm rehab and just plain,general Living has been great ! :dancing:

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Rob R. wrote:For your sake, I hope it doesn't all melt at once.
From mid- morning Sunday to mid-nite Monday we are supposed to stay above freezing,that may be one big melting messy time around here. :eek2: I will try not to shovel water ditches thru the snow & just rest instead. :surrender: :)

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Yummy Duck eggs are the best...
Gotta' make up for not eating for 10 days... ;)
Slowly gettin' ready to move to the new house...
The hospital stay will slow the move down...
As I am the mover... ;)
Getting carpets steam cleaned furniture too...
Shopping for a new mattress...
Should be all moved in by the end of February... :D
Welcome back Bob...

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Jan. 31, 2016 8:31 am

Wow wish I knew many of you in person, we give our duck eggs away to people at church. Right now we have some 15 dozen in the refrigerator. We will use them for baking like in cakes and stuff, but not for omelets and that sort of thing. It is kind of silly because we got 10 ducks and only 3 chickens. We'll redo the ratio this spring with more pullets.

As for me, I got a house full of inlaws but they are leaving today, then see the Dr about my knee (which was operated on 3 weeks ago. I am sure I got several more weeks to go before I head back to work as I am nowhere near ready. When you are 41, you just don't heal like you used too. I have been puttering about the house though and annoying the Mrs something fierce.

If nothing else, I finally got Katie to learn how to drive the tractor. I'll see what I can do about getting a few bikini photos of her on the ole Kubota...but probably not this time of year, maybe in the Spring...Maybe! :-)

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Jan. 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Duck eggs make great baked goods...
Bigger yolk... ;)
But they are great poached over some Duck Hash too...
15 dozen you say...

Return to “The Coffee House”