Complaints

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Jan. 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
GaryFerg wrote:you know I told them that I was tired of the harassment and they said it wasn't harassment. My way of thinking when the police are at your door for no good reason its harassment. She is telling them that I am burning garbage I guess from what the cops say. I had the stoker going this time as well as my Harman stove the Harman burns nut. They always tell me I am not doing anything wrong or illegal. I am thinking wait till its going all summer too now what you got!
Sounds like she's escalating. You might want to go into CYA mode.

It's good idea to bypass any patrol guys who might not want to do paperwork so they tell you this isn't harassment. If it were me, I'd call the police headquarters and talk to someone higher up the food chain to see about filing a complaint against her for harassment. At the least you'll be on record as having tried.

If things should ever get to the SHTF stage and there's no record of your trying then everyone can say you didn't do anything so how bad could it be ?
Paul
+1

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 09, 2016 9:54 pm

REAL good advice! +2

cn670
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum
Coal Size/Type: Rice or buck
Other Heating: Wall mount propane, as needed

Post by cn670 » Sun. Jan. 10, 2016 10:40 am

I've dealt with a PITA neighbor and state police showing up...... I was out target practicing . :D They showed up 3 times for the same issue. I put a no trespassing sign at the end of the driveway.... The next time the cops showed up I told them that the sign pertains to them as well as the neighbor . " If you don't have a search warrant or arrest warrant there is no reason for you to be here unless someone from this household calls you ... You can leave now. " The next time she called the cops they pulled up saw the sign , turned around and left. No further contact was made by the police. :)

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Jan. 18, 2016 8:20 pm

DVR system to prove...
No Smoke...

ad356

Post by ad356 » Wed. Feb. 03, 2016 8:35 am

i think this person needs to get a life. anthracite is a completely and viable source of heat. my neighbor burns woods and I burn coal. my coal stove produces no noticeable odor, scent, or smoke. my neighbors stove smokes the whole place up at times. do I say anything NOPE they are will within their rights. do they say anything to me, no I am well within my rights. im glad I do not have neighbors like what you are dealing with. I live in the country, we are bunch of rednecks and all mind our own business. I too sometimes burn wood but only in my garage when I am out there working on the cars. I have a wood stove in the barn and a coal keystoker in the house. after having some experience with both, I would much rather burn coal. the wood stove is fine for limited use heating while working out in the barn. its good warm heat, cheap enough to use, and doesnt stink like those stupid kerosene torpedo heaters..... I hate those things, the burn a ton of fuel, they smell bad, and have an exposed flame. between the two I think the stove is safer. I close the door and its almost a sealed unit.

point blank anthracite burns cleanly with no noticeable smoke and little to no odor. it seems to me like its almost as clean as natural gas. my old pellet stove made more odor and smoke. I think this person is a tree hugging moron that probably drives a prius.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Feb. 05, 2016 12:47 am

cn670 wrote:I've dealt with a PITA neighbor and state police showing up...... I was out target practicing . :D They showed up 3 times for the same issue. I put a no trespassing sign at the end of the driveway.... The next time the cops showed up I told them that the sign pertains to them as well as the neighbor . " If you don't have a search warrant or arrest warrant there is no reason for you to be here unless someone from this household calls you ... You can leave now. " The next time she called the cops they pulled up saw the sign , turned around and left. No further contact was made by the police. :)
No trespassing signs mean little. Want to keep them off, send them letters of notice of trespass - with cops/town--gave them file stamp your copy. Works for anyone you want to keep completely off your property. Your drive or walkway to your front door is seen as an invitation to people to visit you.

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Fri. Feb. 05, 2016 10:17 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:
GaryFerg wrote:so today just now 4 police cars rolled up be cause she complained about smoke filled house. really 4 police cars? must have been a slow night.
This was posted at 6:45pm Thurs., now Sat.am & we assume that the cops did the worst ? Guess I should goggle news for that area for that night. :notsure: ........ Goggle turned up no police standoff over coal fumes,no obituary for coal fumes fight with neighbors,no mention of coal fumes disturbance at all........ maybe the coal fumes wiped out the whole town & nobody knows it yet. toothy
Had a good chuckle over this!

Hope you get this worked out ;)

ad356

Post by ad356 » Fri. Feb. 05, 2016 5:22 pm

get a dog that makes allot of noise. I have a 6 year old beagle and a 12 week old lab puppy. I love them both but part of the reason of having them is to scare people away. I really liked the time recently I was working in my garage I had the dog outside with me. the Jehovahs witness showed up. it wasnt hard to get them to leave with a noisy beagle in the yard.

GaryFerg
Stoker Coal Boiler: KA6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by GaryFerg » Sun. Feb. 14, 2016 11:47 am

I'm just going to start leaving milk and cookies out for the police and fire with a note thanking them for their concern.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”