It's Here and It's up and Running!

mikeandgerry
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Post by mikeandgerry » Sat. Feb. 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Wow, what a beautiful stove!

Nice installation. Enjoy!

Sacred Steel

Post by Sacred Steel » Sun. Feb. 22, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks everyone. Last night I got home from work, the house was 71 degrees, poured a tall cold one :D , sat down in my chair and enjoyed my new stove. It doesn’t get any better that that. I have an oversized raised ranch 52x29 with a pellet stove in the finished downstairs. I have had that pellet stove in there for eight years. It heats well but I am so sick of having to shut it down every 4-5 days to clean it. Not to mention the cost of pellets going up. I told the wife that when this stash of pellets is gone, I just may get another coal stove and put in its place. I’m thinking of a Hitzer insert.

csstoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by csstoker » Sun. Feb. 22, 2009 7:00 pm

looks great SS. Congrats!!

x2 on the mat in front of the stove. The only thing my mat has seen are some stray ash and the other ash pan as I am changing them out, but you never know...

ASea
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Great looking stove! Any chance you could post a picture of the hopper. How has the reliability been? I am looking at a used one.

Doby
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast console and Alaska Channing III
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil but not much

Post by Doby » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 8:21 pm

That looks great with the fireplace, beautiful install too!. I have the same stove 12 years and besides gaskets and glass never a part, Hope I didn't jinx myself!

If thats the control box next to the stove mount it to the hopper side of the stove asap because its subject to static, it should also have a ground wire to attach to the hopper

Asea whats the cost of the used one? Model? how old?

ASea
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Doby wrote:That looks great with the fireplace, beautiful install too!. I have the same stove 12 years and besides gaskets and glass never a part, Hope I didn't jinx myself!

If thats the control box next to the stove mount it to the hopper side of the stove asap because its subject to static, it should also have a ground wire to attach to the hopper

Asea whats the cost of the used one? Model? how old?
It's an Alaska Hearth model it was on craigslist I was casually considering it. Not sure how old. The asking price was around $1100. The gent selling is a forum member and he's known for rebuilding boilers etc.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”