Coffee 2-6-2016

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 6:23 am

Good morning my friends! Please, come in & share a moment. The coffee is on & bacon is smelling up the house. Eggs over easy? Eggs any way you like!

Ground hogs day is the winter half way point and we've blown by it. Spring isn't far away now! Although you can't tell by looking outside. Thursday morning they predicted Friday to be mostly cloudy. Then late in the day they said 1 to 3 inches of snow was possible. As the snow piled up yesterday, they kept saying "another 1 to 3". Well, I'll tell you what.... if I had known that 10 inches of heavy wet snow was coming, I just might have put the car in the garage! Gad zooks. I snow blowed three times just to keep the driveway open. I had customers coming & going and didn't want it to get packed down. The snow blowing made such a mess as nothing is frozen. I snow blowed more gravel and grass than I did snow! This might be enough to get the snowmobile out, but the lakes aren't safe. Odd, strange, weird winter.

I went & got my taxes done. The bank made a mistake & now I'm stuck trying to prove an IRA that I cashed in was a ROTH IRA. The feds are charging me tax on the full amount! Grrrrrr. There should be zero taxes on it. Now I spend hours trying to fix a mistake made by Bank of America when they left the state 5 years ago. Arghhhhh!

Get some work done! Hug your loved ones. Enjoy the weekend.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 6:37 am

Mornin everyone.
Eggs and bacon, mm, mm, good. Strange winter indeed, supposed to be in the 40's here today and almost all the snow we had is gone.
Hope you find something to show the ROTH, Freddy.

Take care and be safe all.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 7:11 am

Good stuff Freddy, love the smell of bacon in the fry pan :) I went ass over tea kettle yesterday and dented the ice with the back of my head yesterday so I'm taking it easy this week end...gotta' make sure the side of the road is ok. :roll:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 7:12 am

Good morning cyber friends :) , Everything is mighty fine as usual here at the Coffee House Freddy :D . Not a whole lot happening today just trying to finish up that motor home and a benefit dinner for a 45 year old co-worker that had a kidney transplant on Christmas Eve so other then that nada lot going.
Take care friends and enjoy ;) .

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 7:21 am

Mornin all, good choice Freddy :) Not a thing goin on here. MA, be glad ya hit that head instead of something that ya coulda hurt! :( Enjoy the week-end all.

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 7:29 am

Freddy wrote:I went & got my taxes done. The bank made a mistake & now I'm stuck trying to prove an IRA that I cashed in was a ROTH IRA. The feds are charging me tax on the full amount! Grrrrrr. There should be zero taxes on it. Now I spend hours trying to fix a mistake made by Bank of America when they left the state 5 years ago. Arghhhhh! .
Sorry too hear that. A friend of mine had a similar situation when we got laid off and he rolled his 401k over. Now the IRS is on him like white on rice. It's not pretty.

I also had my taxes done last night. Quick and reasonably painless. I'm cheap as the day is long but I don't mind paying to have my taxes done. :)

I also found out that if I move to Connecticut as it looks like I will, I'll end up paying them somewhere around $2k for income tax every year. But it's a small price to pay to get out of RI.

I'm tired of paying the same old crooks year after year. It might be nice to pay new and different crooks. :)

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 7:51 am

Morning all,

DK and I are heading off to Williamsburg this morning; the baby will receive her blessing at church tomorrow and we want to be there for that. Between now and then we don't have any solid plans. We're going to try to find someplace to walk, maybe along the James River or the beach. I've been walking an hour a day for the last few years and now hate it when I have to miss due to the weather or whatever.

I have a new bee project - one that DK will help with (no bees involved yet :D) We are going to make 2 Top Bar nuclear hives (nucs) to hold the colony splits and swarms I will have to deal this spring. The winter has been so warm the hives I have should make it through the winter and explode in late March or April. If I don't do something to reduce overcrowding in the hives, they will swarm and I'll lose half my bees. The bees will take my honey harvest with them. :oops:

A nuclear hive is 1/3 the size of a regular hive but still has all the components of a regular hive. I'll put the extra bees in the nuc hives until I can stabilize and sell them. Fortunately, except for a few angle cuts, the nuclear hives are basically just a box. We actually have a table saw, currently buried in the garage. I'll dig it out next week and DK can measure and cut the wood next weekend. Then I'll assemble them.

I'm excited; selling bees is an additional way to make money off bees.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, stay warm. Take care, Lisa

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 8:46 am

Mornin all! Yeah Freddy, my friends Downeast are complaining about the mess this stuff is causing. Gonna be a bunch of yard repairs....welcome to early mud season! Actually cold here this morning, below freezing but I am thinking this will be about it, should start to warm up. And Lisa, I actually ordered my bees this morning from a local apiary. Looking forward to playing with the little buggers again. Have fun splitting those hives, I hope to be successful enough to do it. How are you going to get a queen for the new hive? Buy one?
Have a great weekend everyone,

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 9:02 am

Man,for a February Morning,You'd think it was July in here ! :lol:

I haven't seen Folks this busy with some common-place Living duties in a long time ! Wet snow/IRS/Motorhome Aft-End Repairs/Moving/And Of Course,Bee-Keeping Condo Home Improvement !

Sheesh,I'm slogging through boring times compared to You Guys !

I can't tell Ya's just how glad I am to stumble into the House O'Freddy and partake of said Coffee with my long suffering Bride,Miss Julie,and the rest of You Fine Critters ! Things are Good and Simple this fine Ohio a.m. I'm figuring on seeing what exciting stuff lies ahead,and You Fine Folks are always part of that !

Oh,MA,try using some Bondo on that head dent ! I'm sure Rick386 can advise...... Seriously,take care of Yourself,MA ! :dancing:

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 10:11 am

My schedule has me off for the weekend, which means I get to watch “The BIG Game” and have a few beers while doing it. :cheers:

You have to love it Freddy when other people’s incompetence causes you trouble. :mad: Hopefully they just reported it wrong when you cashed it in. If they it was set up as a traditional IRA by mistake and you thought it was a Roth you may be up the creek but you should at least be able to amend past returns to take the deduction on contributions. Either way sounds messy.
I did a 401k to IRA a few years ago. This stuff makes me nervous because one wrong step and you are screwed. Advice I have heard over the years is to never take possession of the money, have it transferred directly between the account custodians.

They want it nice today and tomorrow so I may get out doing something, who knows. I have a brake job and an oil change due any day and state inspections due soon as well.

We came home last night from shopping and while unloading the groceries something flew by me and I swear it was a bat. :shock: I hope it wasn’t because if it was it probably means the poor thing is sick, probably white nose. I don’t want bats in the house but I do want to see them out in my yard on summer nights.

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 3:58 pm

jpete wrote:
Freddy wrote:I went & got my taxes done. The bank made a mistake & now I'm stuck trying to prove an IRA that I cashed in was a ROTH IRA. The feds are charging me tax on the full amount! Grrrrrr. There should be zero taxes on it. Now I spend hours trying to fix a mistake made by Bank of America when they left the state 5 years ago. Arghhhhh! .
Sorry too hear that. A friend of mine had a similar situation when we got laid off and he rolled his 401k over. Now the IRS is on him like white on rice. It's not pretty.

I also had my taxes done last night. Quick and reasonably painless. I'm cheap as the day is long but I don't mind paying to have my taxes done. :)

I also found out that if I move to Connecticut as it looks like I will, I'll end up paying them somewhere around $2k for income tax every year. But it's a small price to pay to get out of RI.

I'm tired of paying the same old crooks year after year. It might be nice to pay new and different crooks. :)
Yes it feels better paying other crooks with faces you don't recognize as well!!

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 4:06 pm

well the 2015-16 heating season has been rather...weak this season... not so many posts here. Nicer weather means things to do outside or out of home. Glad its a mild winter compared to last 2 seasons. Coal use is way down.... ok by me... actually thinking of spring farm activities... lime for fields, no snow easy to access and spread, getting seed, herbicides, etc. Well time for a quik nap. later!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Sorry Freddy I didn't see that part about the IRS(f---ing A--holes :mad: )I wish you the best of luck with that one :( . I like how someone makes a mistake and It becomes a real problem for you :blowup:

I'm making progress on my little project,I think about 6 more hrs and I will be done with It :dancing: I had a few little bumps but I'm getting by!!
IMG_0450.JPG
.JPG | 121.5KB | IMG_0450.JPG
Stay safe friends :) .

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Feb. 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Takin' it easy...
Positive side doc orders...
no snow shoveling!!!...
6-12" Monday morning...
another 6-12" during the rest of the week...
Doesn't look like we will be moving this week either!!!... :mad:

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Tue. Feb. 09, 2016 2:20 pm

The 2-4" prediction has turned out to be 6" & still a heavy snow fall rate.I won't be doing any shoveling either,i plowed 1 time so far with the truck,will likely be plowing again later today. At least this snowfall will not require me to clear the roofs :D

Spring is coming soon,i hope. :)

Attachments

IMG_2709.JPG

A recent sunset,snow on ground from the 32" snow storm we had Jan 22/23

.JPG | 156.7KB | IMG_2709.JPG
IMG_2710.JPG

Our current landscape

.JPG | 231.1KB | IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2712.JPG

All white landscape

.JPG | 211.2KB | IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG