Coffee 4-23-16

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Only if that young lady comes & shows me how to do them thar fancy things Simon!! :oops: :clap: toothy

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Looks to be luscious grass, watch that springtime weight gain.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 1:25 pm

It's been comin up slow which is real good. Their father was around 2200 lbs. Here's kids bein kids!! :D

Attachments

004.JPG
.JPG | 56.8KB | 004.JPG
005.JPG
.JPG | 65.8KB | 005.JPG
003.JPG
.JPG | 67.1KB | 003.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 68.8KB | 002.JPG
001.JPG
.JPG | 69.5KB | 001.JPG

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 3:18 pm

I see you have got one of them fancy new yellow lines, that will be good to guide the tourists as the road fills up to see FFs Percheron families. Is the boy gelded? :D This could be a riot. :rofl:

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Wonderful picture Fred. I especially like the caption.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanx Richard. Nope, not gelded Simon. 1 Philly, 1 Stud. He's startin to play some but she just kicks the hell out of him!!!!!!!!!! Kinda reminds me of my EX in later yrs!! :clap: toothy

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Apr. 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Time to talk to them abut the birds and the bees. :D

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Thu. Apr. 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Friggin beautiful Fred! Great pics!! 8-)
Rob R. wrote:Smitty, man that roof was ripe! Are you stuck with rubber roofing due to the pitch (or lack of)?

You guys would not believe what happened to me this afternoon. The harmonic balancer in my Ford truck decided to come part, and the outer ring with the belt walked right off the balancer and into the fan. The noise was unreal, I thought the engine was destroying itself. Thankfully I was in the driveway when it happened and I was able to take the belt off and remove the pieces. I can't drive it far enough to get repaired, but at least I can drive it on a trailer. I don't even have the right tools to get the fan off, nevermind r&r the balancer.
Yeah, it's a very low slope. The part where I took the pic from is just about dead flat. I think it has just enough pitch so that water runs off it. My choices were rubber or TPO. Had a hard time finding TPO this time (got a roll of it last time for the back section of barn from my roofing buddy), and found white EPDM on eBay, so that made the choice for me.

Yikes! Yeah, that big mass hitting the fan sure gets your attention. I can hear the noise now - sounds like the mechanical world is ending for your vehicle!! Glad it wasn't anything super-expensive. Amazing the problems we're seeing today on modern vehicles. GM's trucks can't even make it off the showroom floor without wrinkling or cracking dashboards, dying on the highway at random & unexplained intervals, and a myriad of other issues ... :roll:

This is a common problem on the Volvo B230 engines once they get over 15 years old or 150k + miles. Lots of times they'll slip ... which isn't a big deal, but the timing mark is now useless. You have some real fun trying to install a timing belt with a slipped balancer! :lol:

Glad everyone liked the bear pics. That was a chance opportunity - just happened to be at the right place at the right time. In other news, I fixed the feeder today with duct tape. The hanger wasn't that easy - had to spend some time in the vice getting twerked. :D

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Fri. Apr. 29, 2016 7:41 am

Smitty, it looked like momma bear may have had a tracking collar on her or was that just my old eyes?

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Apr. 29, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah you're right Sam.

She had 2 blue tags - 1 on each ear, plus that collar with the big box on the bottom. Don't know how the bear didn't go insane with that huge thing on it's neck. You'd think in this day and age they could make them smaller ....

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. May. 22, 2016 8:44 am

Rob R. wrote: You guys would not believe what happened to me this afternoon. The harmonic balancer in my Ford truck decided to come part, and the outer ring with the belt walked right off the balancer and into the fan. The noise was unreal, I thought the engine was destroying itself. Thankfully I was in the driveway when it happened and I was able to take the belt off and remove the pieces. I can't drive it far enough to get repaired, but at least I can drive it on a trailer. I don't even have the right tools to get the fan off, nevermind r&r the balancer.
I have a nice update for my '99 F350...it is finally back from the shop and running good. Ford apparently decided to make the 1997-1999 balancer for the V10 unique - it is now out of stock, and unavailable from either Ford or any aftermarket source. The shop I brought it to tried every wrecking yard they deal with and was unable to find the correct part. They even called a place that rebuilds balancers, but for some reason they said they could not rebuild this particular balancer. After 2 weeks the shop told me if I could find a balancer they would install it, but they were giving up on the search. 5 minutes on car-part.com found one in Berlin, NH. They shipped it the same day, and the balancer looked just like new. 1.5 hours to install it and the V10 roars again.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. May. 22, 2016 9:12 am

Nice, sux when one of our toys are broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2:

Return to “The Coffee House”