TT Race Isle of Man

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. May. 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed those video's. I am sweating and leaning around in my chair........Told the wife she might finally be able to get me out of the Continental US if we can go watch that race. ;)

Kevin

unhippy
Stoker Coal Boiler: MK2 #1

Post by unhippy » Tue. May. 03, 2016 3:13 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Sometimes they live and sometimes they do not and they come from all over. Hey unhippy here is Paul Dobbs grave came from NZ and sadly did not make it home. Spot the grave stone it is big.

Dad can name about 15 or 16 kiwi riders that have clipped the rock walls on the island over the years altho we have only had a couple in the last 25 years or so....

Most street race courses are somewhat unforgiving if you cockup a corner.....that one is a bit more unforgiving than most...

If I ever get back to Britain I want to go back to the island just to get a speeding ticket (which would be an achievement in its self as the have no speed limit on the Isle of Man.....you can however be done for driving too fast for the weather/road conditions).....getting a ticket(certificate :D ) for "Furious Driving" is something that just has to be done.....i'd get it framed to hang on the wall :lol:

Callum

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. May. 03, 2016 5:55 am

I guess to you tough guys in NZ, this is clipping the wall ... My BSA 250 was never fast enough to get a ticket for furious driving. It was a one lunger that badly needed a decoke. Take care with the Raven Wall, it's nearly as bad as the cask beer that they serve, I am sure that has killed many more.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”