Picked up 2 Radiators Today

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. May. 15, 2016 10:32 am

Looks like the short one is a six tube and the tall one is a 5 tube. Yes, there are tube radiators. If you use the Columbia guide, you can figure out the BTU of these two nice radiators.

I don't see any bolts, so they must be held together with threaded nipples.

-Don

northernmainecoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Nut/Stove

Post by northernmainecoal » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 12:16 pm

I finally got around to plumbing in one of those radiators, I put the 5ft long one in the laundry room and couldn't be happier. No mixing valve or TRV? just controlled by a thermostat in an adjoining room. Temps were in the single digits this morning and that thing is just humming along putting out plenty of heat! The EFM is running quite a bit more often but has been able to keep up just fine on 4 teeth still.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 7:13 pm

You got ta love old cast iron radiators. Those old dead guys knew what they were do'in when the designed them!

-Don

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”