Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Fri. May. 20, 2016 10:32 am

ff am sooooo soory my friend!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. May. 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanx guys. Things are OK--memories rule. Gonna go to Lowe's & get a plant to put on his plot. :) Here's an old pix with ODAAT & my youngest girl--probably 10 yrs ago--he was a lover!! :)

Attachments

jolyn & puppies.jpg
.JPG | 100.8KB | jolyn & puppies.jpg

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. May. 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Fred. I hope the many good memories quicken the forgetting of this tragic one.

Paul

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. May. 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Here's an old pix with ODAAT & my youngest girl--probably 10 yrs ago--he was a lover!! :)
Wow, you must had had a good looking mailman. :)

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sat. May. 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Smitty, FFred, so sorry to hear of your loss. Our pets definitely have a strong hold on our hearts.

As I read this 'Coffee' thread, I had to wipe up the tears several times.. I KNOW the pain, the feelings do hurt.
But, just remember, you both provided a safe comfortable and loving home for a creature God figured that we
need to be 'complete'. Caring for your kids, or parents or family is one thing, people are autonomous, I mean that
they can get by on their own, and as parents we help them learn to be on their own.
But pets, well they depend on us for not only food and water, but shelter and most importantly: LOVE. They love us
unconditionally, and we are hooked, when we learn how deep unconditional love can be.

I recall the last two dogs I lost: Hoi-Sen, the big German Shepherd Mix [a little Mastif in him I think], Hoi came with the farm when I bought it, he was 3-ish then. He made it to 14, a long life for a 100+ pound dog.
The second dog, who died about a year after Hoi, was Bartimus. a black Cocker Spaniel mix, he looked pure Cocker, but weighed about 38-40 pounds.. even had the Cocker personality. a lover, then turn your back and he'd jump up and nip you in the butt. He never did that to me, but to several friends, only when they were in the house visiting, then got up to leave the room.. I guess Bart thought that he didn't get enough attention when he was sitting in their lap.. LOL.

What I remember most is driving the old Case 580 CK backhoe-loader down the two-track with my deceased pet in the mini-van following behind. I have a grove of huge oak trees, that shade the grove enough that the underbrush doesn't grow very thick or very fast. I used to go sit in the grove with Hoi-Sen when I first bought the farm and land. It has a nice view of the swamp, lake and river. So this Grove has become the Pet Cemetery. I brought in a huge granite stone from somewhere on the property, and set it up as a general headstone,, nothing engraved. Some years I'll go visit and use a piece of chalk and write their names on the stone..

But I remember how difficult it is to not only drive, but to operate the backhoe when my eyes are raining tears. No shutting them off, I just let them flow. Then gently placing my deceased buddy into that cold hole.. just rips me apart.
Even now, I'm shuddering with tears recalling it.

My pets have a VERY deep 'hook' buried in my heart.. no doubt.

OK, time to dry up.

Take care everyone.. HUG your loved ones, two legged, or four, it doesn't matter.

Greg L

Return to “The Coffee House”