Keystoker Hearth 90

Keystoker Hearth 90

PostBy: tdthompson On: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:48 am

I have a Keystoker Hearth 90 fireplace insert. It works great. Used it last winter (2005-2006) and now this winter. Had to do some clean up and maintenance to get it to run at full burn and have had to fiddle with the white feed rate control. 3 CCW backed off from full CW turndown is factory setting, 5 CCW is too much heat (about a 5 to 6 inch burn bed on chute), and 4 CCW seems to be optimal for my stove (3 to 4 inch burn bed of coal on chute). I have the barometric damper about 6 inches off the back of the stove where it comes out at the bottom, then it goes to a ninety degree elbow and up the chimney through the old removed damper, with insulation stuffed up in the damper to seal off the opening. The barometric damper remains closed almost all of the time. I fiddled with it to have some draw from the room, but this made the house cold, so I put the weight to keep the damper closed. Only a big draw from the chimney would open the damper. This is how I ran the stove in 2005-2006 and it worked fine. I go through a 50 pound bag of coal a day. Heating a big home with it. It keeps the oil boilers from coming on.
tdthompson

Visit Lehigh Anthracite