Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Dec. 19, 2015 2:15 pm

While we are Hoping...
Hope they'll bag pea coal and get on board with Tractor Supply :mrgreen:

Bagodonuts
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea Blaschak anthracite

Post by Bagodonuts » Sun. Dec. 27, 2015 9:47 am

Hey Boots, new guy here throwin' in my 2 cents. If you're driving to Shamokin for coal you're right near Mahanoy City. On rt. 54 is Blaschak's breaker, best coal I've found yet. I live 2 miles from the Lehigh breaker (which is good stuff too) but I go the little extra to get Blaschak's. Get weighed, drive right under the breaker load up and gone in 5 minutes.

tmoyer345
Stoker Coal Boiler: lesiure line WL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by tmoyer345 » Mon. Jan. 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Well I have read enough sounds like Leigh is the place to go seeing as it is only 45 minutes from my house just south of Quakertown. I have had way to many break downs with trailers and trucks this year and am only left with my 1 ton truck. I plan on getting 1 ton dropped in back. The main reason I am writing is I really hate going some where the first time and screwing up the system by doing the wrong thing. When I get there do I need to check in with someone, where do I head or how do I go about it. Also do they have any load limits as I only will be able to handle 1 ton this saturday. Any help would be useful.
Thanks Tim

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Mon. Jan. 04, 2016 11:59 pm

tmoyer345 wrote:Well I have read enough sounds like Leigh is the place to go seeing as it is only 45 minutes from my house just south of Quakertown. I have had way to many break downs with trailers and trucks this year and am only left with my 1 ton truck. I plan on getting 1 ton dropped in back. The main reason I am writing is I really hate going some where the first time and screwing up the system by doing the wrong thing. When I get there do I need to check in with someone, where do I head or how do I go about it. Also do they have any load limits as I only will be able to handle 1 ton this saturday. Any help would be useful.
Thanks Tim
Its real easy. Just turn in off the road and when you cross the tracks, go through the gate and turn left. Follow the road up the hill a little and you will run into the scales. Drive up on the scales. After they weigh your truck you drive back around the scales and back down the hill a bit. Then you turn right and drive up the hill to the coal shed. There will be someone there to ask what kind of coal you want. When loaded drive back down to the scales and get weighed, then pay and drive home. They are the nicest people. They offered me a cup of dunkin doughnuts coffee and doughnuts.
Leigh.jpg
.JPG | 156.9KB | Leigh.jpg

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut & Rice
Other Heating: Propane fired forced hot air

Post by Protrucker » Tue. Jan. 05, 2016 6:40 am

You have to stop at the office trailer on the left after you cross the RR tracks to check in. The first time you go there you will get a "safety" card that you may or may not have to show at the scale house. It's really just a formality & I didn't have to show it either time that I was there, but you do have to get it. It's a mining safety thing.

russocw75
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW 75
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by russocw75 » Tue. Jan. 05, 2016 1:15 pm

tmoyer345 wrote:Well I have read enough sounds like Leigh is the place to go seeing as it is only 45 minutes from my house just south of Quakertown. I have had way to many break downs with trailers and trucks this year and am only left with my 1 ton truck. I plan on getting 1 ton dropped in back. The main reason I am writing is I really hate going some where the first time and screwing up the system by doing the wrong thing. When I get there do I need to check in with someone, where do I head or how do I go about it. Also do they have any load limits as I only will be able to handle 1 ton this saturday. Any help would be useful.
Thanks Tim
No reason for concern of screwing up the system. When you check in at the security gate, they will know this is your "first time". They will give you directions, and lead you to the proper place if necessary. They are great people.

Perhaps we will pass along the way.....I am planning a pick up this Saturday as well.

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Tue. Jan. 05, 2016 1:54 pm

russocw75 wrote:
Thanks Tim
No reason for concern of screwing up the system. When you check in at the security gate, they will know this is your "first time". They will give you directions, and lead you to the proper place if necessary. They are great people.

Perhaps we will pass along the way.....I am planning a pick up this Saturday as well.
I didn't check in at the security gate... Didn't even look like anyone was there. So I just kept driving.

crzybowhntr
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Energy King 480EK

Post by crzybowhntr » Wed. Jan. 06, 2016 7:34 am

I didn't check in at the security gate... Didn't even look like anyone was there. So I just kept driving.[/quote]

Is that why we saw your truck on the news?? LOL :woot:

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Wed. Jan. 06, 2016 8:21 am

Yes to the above but I have to add that every time I was there it was necessary to stop and check out with the guard at the same security gate bldg by the railroad tracks. When paying at the scale house you will get 2 copys of the bill. The guardhouse will need one of those for the record. Ask any questions to the guard at the checkin and he will put you straight. They are very helpful people at this place. Hope to get up there myself this Saturday. Mike

coalmaster
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: hitzer 50-93 2800sqft
Coal Size/Type: nut anthricite

Post by coalmaster » Fri. Jan. 08, 2016 7:47 pm

russocw75 wrote:
Thanks Tim

3scoops of nut weighs 2700-2800. Youll have to post here if they made progress on getting the bagging plant up an running

69dartgt
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum

Post by 69dartgt » Sat. Jan. 09, 2016 3:38 pm

I had the pleasure of picking up a couple ton of rice at Lehigh today. It was a good experience with very friendly, helpful people that work there. I would recommend it to anyone and will be going back in the future for more coal. :D :D

JeepinPete
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by JeepinPete » Sat. Jan. 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Picked up my ton 3 and 4 today. I got there late, around 1, and it was empty. Took forever to get out once loaded though. Two guys in a row parked their loaded trucks on the scales and went inside to pay. Most pull up, get weighed and pull off so the next in line can do their thing. Sure does slow things down. :mad: But otherwise all went well.

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post by mattcoalburner » Mon. Sep. 19, 2016 6:03 pm

McGiever wrote:
revtim wrote:Does Lehigh sell bagged coal?
No
Lehigh does sell bagged coal

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post by mattcoalburner » Mon. Sep. 19, 2016 6:23 pm

JeepinPete wrote:Lehigh probably isn't the place to go to load those bags. Direnzo on the other hand has a loading shed with overhead chutes that might get it done. Good coal, but it is more than Lehigh.
Lehigh now has a bin where your large sacks can be loaded and put on your truck with a fork lift

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”