Opinion Please

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Sep. 24, 2016 8:23 am

A Polish washer woman will always give you cleaner floors than Miss America but looks is a factor. The 16" base heaters put out about the same as the mica babies but looks is a factor and I LOVE my RC Garnet 48, I have both. Mica stoves need more maintenance, you know like Miss America. A Glenwood #8 running Direnzo stove tent pegs both - WOW, now that is heattttt.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Sep. 24, 2016 5:02 pm

coalnewbie wrote:A Polish washer woman will always give you cleaner floors than Miss America but looks is a factor. The 16" base heaters put out about the same as the mica babies but looks is a factor and I LOVE my RC Garnet 48, I have both. Mica stoves need more maintenance, you know like Miss America. A Glenwood #8 running Direnzo stove tent pegs both - WOW, now that is heattttt.
CN,

only someone with a collection like yours could make that observation with any credibility so.....you word is good enough for me. :)

concerning the GW 8 on stove coal, I hope we get a report of the GW 113 on the same fuel this season !!

steve

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Sep. 24, 2016 8:03 pm

well, here's a fine pickle.

my bride says "another stove ?!? pick the ONE you're going to keep and make the others go away "

SO................i thought i'd mention it here first before I start a thread down in the classifieds.

i have possibly the last complete and intact Locke Warm Morning #524 3 flue 200# capacity cylinder stove to be found.

2 Locke Warm Morning 120, 120# capacity stoves. both have good grates, doors, tops. one has a steel liner instead of bricks and with out casting some would be a wood burner only. the other will need a heavy clean up of the cast parts and a new barrel, doesn't have any bricks either.

one of our members has molds for casting full sets of bricks for these stoves, I can contact him and see if some can be bought or the molds leased.

i also have a Warm Morning 617A 60# capacity stove that I bought last spring in " new old stock " NEVER FIRED condition. it can go as is or brushed up with new high temp. paint.

that leaves FRANK and T.O.M. the best bet is to let FRANK go because of the extreme easy of use. that's a DS Machine 1400 Circ. converted to a full base burner with factory hopper, bi metal thermostatic primary control and fixed secondary. this stove has a 2 minute tending routine when running the hopper. i'm working on a double heater feature for it this week.

for those who haven't seen these stoves in my other threads i'll be posting pics down in the classifieds. if your looking for HUGE and / or serious heat monsters or just garage / shop heaters let me know.

thanks,
steve

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 8:31 am

my bride says "another stove ?!? pick the ONE you're going to keep and make the others go away "
YES, it's coal stoveitis and the only cure is death. If things go South here and you have to choose between a woman and stoves, don't make the mistake other members made of picking the woman there is plenty of those around. Good stoves are hard to find.

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 9:36 am

at 62 and having 36 yrs. invested in this girl i'm well past the point where those concepts have switched.

there no way I've got the time or energy to get another one up to speed and I sure ain't doin with out. ;)

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:05 am

KingCoal wrote:at 62 and having 36 yrs. invested in this girl i'm well past the point where those concepts have switched.

there no way I've got the time or energy to get another one up to speed and I sure ain't doin with out. ;)
Getting one up to speed is sometimes a long and arduous task, sometimes near impossible. Your decision is sound :lol: :lol:

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:19 am

KingCoal wrote:at 62 and having 36 yrs. invested in this girl i'm well past the point where those concepts have switched.

VERY WISE CHOICE !!!!
Death ended my 39.5 yrs of marriage,months of looking has not yielded a worthy replacement.
I can buy a good coal stove any time ,any day.
Doing without THE desired stove will have very little effect on your life.

Doing without a wife..... most won't or can't understand how devastating it is to be alone after all those yrs of happy marriage.

Get your wife's opinion on which stove she likes best,hopefully she likes the one that you also prefer.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:31 am

Damn, has anybody seen a sense of humor today. I must have left it somewhere.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 4:21 pm

coalnewbie wrote:Damn, has anybody seen a sense of humor today. I must have left it somewhere.
I've seen it, and can dig it CN. :lol:
(it's like treading thru a mine field)

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 7:52 pm

coalnewbie wrote:

YES, it's coal stoveitis and the only cure is death. If things go South here and you have to choose between a woman and stoves, don't make the mistake other members made of picking the woman there is plenty of those around. Good stoves are hard to find.[/quot

well, it seems, for this particular supplier, it's not that hard to find them at all.

he's just offered up an Art Garland #40.

i'm in serious trouble now.

a single misstep and what the turtles leave of me might be found in a drainage ditch out side town IF the crawdads don't finish me off first.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 9:21 pm

i'm in serious trouble now.

a single misstep and what the turtles leave of me might be found in a drainage ditch out side town IF the crawdads don't finish me off first.
Cowardice is not pretty. That stove is hard to find if good. I feel restrained about helping you with your choice if it comes to that as I just know I will get chit from my coal brothers.

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Oct. 01, 2016 7:39 am

it will be interesting to see the pics. this one seems to have been built without the double heater feature, kind of a shame. they had a rear oven feature too, I've only seen pics of one with both features.

coward ? probably, but a man of simple estate is wise not to over turn the flour bin while reaching for a pastry. :lol: :lol:

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 01, 2016 9:14 am

a man of simple estate is wise not to over turn the flour bin while reaching for a pastry. :lol: :lol:
Ohh, I like that one. I will put it in my library of quotations. Good luck with the stove.

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Sat. Oct. 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Steve

Carol and I happen to be just outside of Cleveland, and wont be heading home until Monday or Tuesday.......Soooooooo..... If you decide on the Art Garland, I could fit that Favorite in one or two of the lower compartments. :D :drool:

Paulie

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Oct. 02, 2016 8:54 am

Pauliewog wrote:Steve

Carol and I happen to be just outside of Cleveland, and wont be heading home until Monday or Tuesday.......Soooooooo..... If you decide on the Art Garland, I could fit that Favorite in one or two of the lower compartments. :D :drool:

Paulie
this could take awhile, I don't need a stove for heat this yr so in no specific hurry and considering the number of stoves this guy has and buys more every week neither is he.

if I simply can't put something together on either one you'll still have first shot at the both of them.

try to get some rest you may be needing it :lol: :lol:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”