Happy Camper!

Clousseau
Stoker Coal Boiler: KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice Coal

Post by Clousseau » Sun. Nov. 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that my KA-6 has now been running 35 days non-stop without a problem! After my rookie coal burning year last year, and the issues I had with my new boiler, I was ready to give it up! But now with a nice thorough cleaning this summer of boiler & chimney, and dry Kimmels Coal and instead of that wet Reading coal, I am cruising and sleeping with both eyes shut! Thanks everyone for the help last year, every bit of advice was digested and stored for future use, if needed.

Rich W.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Vigilant Multi-Fuel (coal for me); Vermont Castings Vigilant 2310 in the shop
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: System 2000 Oil Burner; VC Resolute Woodstove (sold) Jotul 8 Woodstove (sold)

Post by Rich W. » Sun. Nov. 27, 2016 8:40 pm

As I've said to many, this forum is the best accessory you can have for your coal burning appliance! I would not be in the one match club if not for this great group of people.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Nov. 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Glad to hear you're up and running with no problems! Sounds like you have learned from last years troubles and are ready for an easy season.

Good luck,

-Don

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Nov. 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Rich W. wrote:As I've said to many, this forum is the best accessory you can have for your coal burning appliance! I would not be in the one match club if not for this great group of people.
+1

But, with a few more matches needed here. :D

Paul

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Sun. Nov. 27, 2016 11:27 pm

I am glad your boiler is running well Closseau,

I changed the timer motor in my Intermatic 30 minute timer a few days ago after it died and we had blow offs and it has been running with 8 pins at 15 minutes and 9 pins at 30 minutes, I have had no overshoots and the stable temperatures and low coal consumption at 6-7 threads with 130 low 150 high and 14-18 PSIG are a welcome thing after last years soap opera.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”