Stoker for a Small < 1000 Square Foot Well Insulated Home?

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sun. Mar. 19, 2017 10:21 am

Tifford wrote:Stopped by a place that had the pioneer in stock. It looks like a nice stove and I am sold. I will get a generator for when the power goes out.

I owe just 6,300 on my house and it should be paid for this summer. After that the pioneer will be the first upgrade....then hot water heater....metal roof....hardwood floors.
If you want to do it right, look into a standing seam metal roof, not barn metal, like you see going on all over.

Another nice up-grade would be a whole house generator. Have automatic stand by electric for EVERYTHING, not just the stove. It'd be like never loosing power.

Some more stove comments: You mentioned the stoker going two days between tending, due to bigger hopper. Just so you know, it's the ash pan/bucket that determines the length of burn, not the hopper. Also, with any solid fuel appliance, you'll want to check it every day anyways. Rule of thumb for most coal stove tending is: Hand Fired = 12 hours, Stoker = 24 hours.

I'm not trying to sway you either way. Thought you'd appreciate being informed.

Tifford
Stoker Coal Boiler: Econo 1 by Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Tifford » Thu. Mar. 23, 2017 2:18 pm

:D

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Jul. 18, 2017 3:23 pm

If you have any more questions for us let us know. Dave from Leisure Line [Phone Number Removed]

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Wed. Jul. 19, 2017 6:28 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:Using a cheap kerosene heater inside your house makes as much sense as allowing a herd of pigs in to warm you. During & after their stay with you,your house will stink !! :sick:
LMAO :lol: I agree with windy on this, you'll need a ozone gen. to get the stink out the walls. also, like the snow blower for your driveway sitting out back all year... the time you need it, you have to lug yourself out in the blizzard, pray its not year old gas in it and try to start the thing with icy fingers and bloody knuckles... for me an outside low budget generator is just not a good option either.

I like the battery back up option best somebody mentioned earlier or hand fired (you can also cook/boil etc. easily on most hand fired stoves as a bonus).

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”