1930 Model A Pickup

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes, a show truck could be worth 28K or close either direction.

they have a yearly get together tour with T's every year (probably more than one). They went thru my area a few years ago. 100's of them involved. It was neat seeing ones that were in original condition, other than mechanically of course. Show cars are nice and beautiful but would do me little good as I use my old vehicles and they would get scratched up anyway. Im sure they do tours with the A's too, probably more of them.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 7:16 pm

the trend today with barn find A's&i think all older cars is to concentrate on all the mechanicals&leave the body as is.cost of decent paint job is $4,000.00+++ being main reason. still don't believe the trk on this thread went for $28,000. have seen overpriced A's on e-bay& craigslist that have been posted off&on for years. tom

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Apr. 13, 2017 7:45 pm

those are sometimes called patina cars and I love them! Kinda like the old cars in Cuba, held together with wire and screws. Much better than having a mint car that runs like crap, in my opinion.

Ebays great if you look at the sold prices and not asking prices, but someone may win and never pay, or the seller had someone bid high to try to make it look more valuable when they relist it. Many sales there are honest too. If you cant go look at it don't bid. We've all heard the horror stories.

Alco5229

Post by Alco5229 » Mon. Oct. 16, 2017 1:38 am

P and V speed shop route 38 Tewksbury, Massachusetts carries every single part for the Ford model T and A. And if you don't own one they will build one for you out of new parts.

In New Hampshire if you have one original part on your car or truck you can register it for the year the part was made.

Cheers!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Oct. 16, 2017 6:28 am

Sooo, that would mean if I have an original gas cap, N.H. will register it for that year??? A--finish your profile--nobody's gonna steal ya!!

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Oct. 16, 2017 6:23 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Pontiac-Trans-Am-/12 ... 7N&vxp=mtr

Or get the Smokey and the Bandit car model !

Then head east !

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”