Godin User Manual & WA Coal Source

Godin User Manual & WA Coal Source

PostBy: Woodswalker On: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Recently bought a Godin Model 3726 in great shape that came with the mfg's 2-page user info. It also came with a very good owners manual (45 pages) that seems to have been developed by the importer (Cohen & Peck, Inc., 14 Arrow Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, circa '81). The manual mainly covers models 3730 & 3731, but also has a table of specs that includes the 3726. It has excellent information about chimneys, installation, operation, and maintenance items that owners of any hand-fired coal stove would find useful. If anyone needs a copy, I am willing to send one for the cost of duplication and postage.

Also, after some searching, I've located a dealer in Centralia, WA that carries lump bit coal from WY, and stoker bit from Utah. They charge about $230/ton, loose, not bagged. I will soon get a small quantity of the lump stuff to do a test burn or two in the stove after I get it hooked up. If all goes well, I'll then haul more in my pickup (~30mi.).

I've been cutting, hauling, and splitting my firewood for about 30yrs now, and my right shoulder is telling me I spiked way too many volleyballs in the younger years. Intend to transition to coal to save time, labor, and body.

Stay warm, ya'll
Woodswalker

Stove/Furnace Make: Godin
Stove/Furnace Model: 3726

Visit Hitzer Stoves